At the present time, there are a number of locksmith companies available in the market that claim to provide top notch services at affordable prices. But in reality, there are a few companies that offer you high quality and affordable services. Fraud companies always tend to target homeowners when they are at their most vulnerable, such as in emergency lockout situation and needing immediate assistance. Most of the people like to find the companies online and they think they are doing the right thing by searching a company online. But in reality, they don’t realize is that some online service providers are frauds.
Being lock out of your house, car or office is a horrible feeling. In such situation you get a thought to hire someone to open the door. Locked out is a situation when it is easy to become a victim of bogus of the fraud locksmith company. Below are a few tips that help you to find the right company and avoid locksmith scams.
- Do your homework: If you are going to find a company online, make sure you search the company with proper website. Before making your decision, check the website and testimonials. If the company does not publish the proper address on the site, leave it and move on.
- Look for a local company: If it is possible, then try to find a local company that provides you high quality services. Hiring a local company is the best way to know whether the company is reputable or not. If you are in a hurry, be wary with the detail that the company gives you on the phone.
- Check identification and license: When a professional arrives, it is crucial to ask for license, identification and other credentials. Every reputable and trustworthy company offers a license and a proper identification to its professionals. If a technician denies to show a proof, you can hire another.
- Ask questions: If you notice you might be dealing with fraud locksmith services, the best thing you can do to protect yourself is to ask a few important questions. First of all you can ask about the registered name of the company. If a professional gives you an answer with a simple locksmith services, but won’t give you an actual registered business name, you need to look forward.
- Don’t let them drill: A few technicians use drill to open the locked door. It is the biggest red flag you should look for if a technician asks to drill out the lock. Never allow them to do. Professionally trained and certified technicians never use a drill machine to open the door. They always equipped with the latest tools and technology and use the required tools.
- Ask for prices: Always get a quote on the phone before hiring a technician to fix the issue. Before allowing a professional, make sure you ask for prices. A few companies get any additional charges for things like emergency hours, etc. But it is not too high. The scammers charge you hundreds of dollars to replace the lock. Beware of these types of companies who charge you a high amount.
Finding the right and reputable company is like looking for a needle in a haystack. But by doing some homework, you can get the right services that you want. For emergency locksmith services in the GTA, you can make a call to Professional Locksmith.