It is never too late to take some precautions to raise the security level of your house. During the winter season, when the nights are getting darker, crime is on the rise especially in the residential areas. In these cold months, intruders and thieves use the opportunity to break in before homeowner comes back to house from work or the market.
Most of the burglars or intruders know when homeowners will be going on vacations or visiting their relatives. Thieves are willing to take a big risk and break into your house. Your house is the most valuable possession, along with everything inside. Your home is a place where you feel relaxed and safe and secure from the potential dangers of the outside world. You can keep your home safe and secure in this winter season by keeping some key things in your mind.
- Don’t let the snow pile up: It is highly recommended to remove snow from your home’s roof and yard. You may not be like this activity, but it will pay off. If you permit the snow to pile up, it will make your house vulnerable. It seems as nobody is present in the home. It is an opportunity that you give burglars to target your house.
- Create the illusion of someone home: Apart from the setting your lights on time, you can also set TV or radio on a timer. It will help you create noise and it shows that there is someone present at the home. You can hire someone arrange for snow removal in case of a storm.
- Get high quality motion sensor lights: Security lighting or motion sensor lights can act as a major deterrent for intruders. Installing motion sensor lights or external security lights outside the home will help you to protect your property from burglars or intruders.
- Hide the telltale signs you are away: A huge pile of mail or newspapers on the front doorstep is an instant tip-off that no one is present at home. If you will be gone for a one week or more than a week, visit your post office to place a hold on your mail. Also put a hold on your daily newspaper to make your home more secure when you are on vacations.
- Make sure your locks are up to date: According to a survey, most of the burglars would try to enter your home through a door. This is the main reason why you must ensure you never leave your main door unlocked. Not even when you are present at home.
These are a few steps to enhance the security of your property in this winter. Keep them in your mind and enjoy your winter vacations without worries. In case, if you would like to know more about home security system, get in touch with us.